On the road of life there are many breakdowns, tourist attractions, and pit stops. Join this mid-life, full-time, single father as he shares his Journey to Amazing.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BELIEVE

~ If you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won't, you most assuredly won't. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad. ~  Denis Waitley

Do you believe you can?  One of my son's favorite books is The Little Engine That Could.  Perhaps you remember the story...Something needed to get done, but so many just felt the job wasn't for them.  They steamed right past the opportunity and missed the chance to make a difference in the lives of other people who were in need.   Some may believe they are too good, others too important or too busy, or too strong, or too old, or too this, or too that...you get the picture.  It is not our size, our past, our failures, our previous work experience, or our low self esteem that matters.  It is simply our ability to believe that we can.  We can make a difference in the lives of others who need something we have to offer.  In turn, we find that the biggest difference comes in the growth and enjoyment we receive.  We may have to do some tugging and pulling at first, but once we get going, we will get closer and closer to our goals, and then we will be there before we know it.  Instead of chuffing, "I think I can.  I think I can.  I think I can" we will be smiling and saying, "I thought I could.  I thought I could.  I thought I could."

No comments:

Post a Comment