On the road of life there are many breakdowns, tourist attractions, and pit stops. Join this mid-life, full-time, single father as he shares his Journey to Amazing.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

MAY THE TEA NEVER STOP

I love tea, but even more I love the creative process.  Tea has become second nature to me.  You will see me with a cup of loose leaf tea steeped to perfection no matter where I am.  To me, tea is one of the most amazing mysteries.  All of the thousands of flavors that we can create comes from the same tree and the same leaves.  One of the greatest pleasures is to now be able to work from home and enjoy one delicious steep after another.  Having a home based business really does afford one the most simple, but also the most rewarding pleasures of life.  And so now I share with you a rather creative poem about my love for tea...

MAY THE TEA NEVER STOP

I lived in a world of gold and gray
in a moment that lasted more than a day
and in that moment lasting more than a day
I sensed you drifting slowly my way

I felt your presence for a moment in time
and tasted you quietly in my mind
as you softly danced with grace refined
I joined with you our souls entwined

Tied together in visions of gold and gray
I chose to send my heart your way
and as my heart bid me "Good day!"
I lifted my cup without delay

I savored you longingly in my mind
while life slipped by for quite some time
and all that happened seemed so sublime
in that moment lasting more than a rhyme

Finally I reached a place I could not top
as I selfishly inhaled you like a joypop
and I thought as I floated past a quaint little shop,
"May the tea never stop..."
~Harlan Snyder~

No comments:

Post a Comment