On the road of life there are many breakdowns, tourist attractions, and pit stops. Join this mid-life, full-time, single father as he shares his Journey to Amazing.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A LETTER TO MY SON

Dear Julian,

You told me today that it would make you happy if I left you a note and drew you a picture.  I thought I would leave you this note along with some of my favorite pictures, as your happiness is very important to me.  I want to let you know how proud I am of you, and even though I can get a little pushy with you, it is for the reason that I do care so very deeply for you.  Your childhood and your journey into manhood is the single most important responsibility I have been given.  I have been provided with the opportunity to help show you and guide you…to be your teacher.  In turn, you are also my teacher.  I want you to know that everyday I spend with you, I learn something new.  You’ve taught me to understand the capacity of love a father can have for his son.  You’ve taught me the importance of patience, as I take my responsibility as your father very seriously.  You have taught me joy, and you have brought a light into this world that I find remarkable.  I just want you to know that I think you are amazing :-)
I’m proud to be your teacher, and to enjoy the wonderful and amazing things that you teach me.  I’m proud of you…I love you!
Your Dad



 

No comments:

Post a Comment